Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lunches..

After moving to my new office location and in the process, missing out my dear friends’ company at every other occasion across the time of my office hours, I have gotten into a habit of doing things alone…like having lunch alone, having tea breaks alone or altogether skipping it, even going to the wash room alone..;)

This whole process has given me a lot of time alone, with self, for contemplation. Contemplation on anything and everything happening around me, in front of me, in other cities, in my dear ones’ lives, in my own life…I happen to have an opinion on everything happening around me..just that I never put it forth…

I am just back from one such “in company of self” lunches. ..a perfect time to listen to the world around you…all the other “IT employed, day in and day out running around office” souls..And it just so happens that all I get to hear around me is Cricket…Now Cricket, like all the other subjects in India, has every one making and sharing their own opinions. Ranging from avid fans to disinterested souls like me, we all have an opinion on the right shot, the perfect player or the game and the way it was played.

I happen to sit at a crowded table (full of gals, as per my choice) and get to hear these “fans” discuss, of all things, why Sehwag was not playing and why he should be playing the next game. Every gal at that table had an opinion. I almost thought it would be my turn soon and was furiously thinking of a seemingly sensible statement to make. The men behind my table were almost as excited about the upcoming game as women are when they shop at a sale. Some mixed crowd were having discussions on “Doosra” while some flirting couples were flirting on their choice of best cricketers (of all topics !!)…

In all these talks, I guess I was having the best of times taking snippets from here and there and store them away for repackaging and showing off in front of my friends on right occasions…

Well, this got me thinking… aren’t we all doing the same thing…Some genuine conversationalists take pains to gather knowledge from books, internet, mentors, News channels etc to make up their own opinion while others like me, just conveniently pick stuff from them and place them in front of others in a designer wear. And this cycle just goes on...Well, as long as I get my snippets, I m a happy person…

No comments: